The Global Biobank Meta-analysis Initiative (GBMI) aims to create a framework to jumpstart global biobank collaboration. The benefits of this simple framework include, but are not limited to:
• Better power for genome-wide association studies (GWASs)
• More accurate polygenic risk scores
• GWASs of understudied diseases
• Opportunity for cross-validation
• Improvements in fine-mapping
• Potential to explore subgroup analyses
Contact: <firstname.lastname@example.org> with inquiries or to join the effort!